300g flour, 2 eggs, 130g sugar, 170g butter
1. On a work surface or in a large bowl, form a well in the flour.
2. Beat the eggs, sugar, and a bit of salt with a fork and pour the mixture into the well.
3. Add the cold butter, cut into cubes, and knead quickly to form a smooth ball of dough.
4. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for half an hour.
5. Roll the dough out between 2 pieces of plastic wrap (or parchment paper) with a rolling pin, to 2mm thickness and 20cm diameter (should be larger than the diameter of the pie pan).
6. Remove the top plastic wrap and reverse the dough onto the pie pan.
7. Settle the dough onto the pan, making sure there are no holes or cracks.
8. Blind bake in the oven at 350⁰F for 12–15 min.
9. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
8 apricots peeled and cut into large cubes, 50g butter, 50g sugar, 1 vanilla pod
1. In a pot, melt the butter and the sugar, add the large apricot cubes, and cook with the vanilla pod (open), until it forms a purée.
2. Taste the mixture and add more sugar if necessary.
12 apricots cut in quarters, 30g flaked almonds
1. Cover the bottom of the pie crust with the apricot purée.
2. Arrange the apricot quarters on the purée, with the slice tips pointing up.
3. Sprinkle with sugar and flaked almonds.
4. Finish baking in a 375⁰F oven, monitoring the cooking.
5. Pie is done when the edges have a nice golden colour and the apricot’s tips start to caramelize.